Instagram offers a first-hand visual insight into daily moments that inspire, bringing you closer to the people, places and things that you love. As the Baillie Lodges teams have some of the best ‘offices’ in the world, we thought it would be great idea to offer our Instagram friends insider access to the happenings at each lodge, and showcase the incredible destinations, sunsets, wildlife and beauty they experience every day.
During the month of October, Baillie Lodges teams at Capella on Lord Howe Island, Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island and Longitude 131° at Uluru-Kata Tjuta were invited to participate in our first ever internal Instagram competition. Teams were encouraged to spark their #BLWanderluxe, using the hashtag to share remarkable insights of the lodges and surrounds.
Standout images were then shared on the lodge Instagram accounts, @capellalodge @southernoceanlodge and @longitude131, for our friends to see. We’ll continue to repost images over the coming months, offering a moment of virtual escape and inspiring wanderlust.
A compilation of some of the best images has also been shared on each account’s Instagram story, and these are available to view in the saved highlights here:
Southern Ocean Lodge: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17962062589163169/
Longitude 131°: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17990079499025642/
The contest received an incredible 286 entries overall and selecting a winner at each lodge proved a difficult decision! The winners were ultimately chosen based on their participation and enthusiasm throughout the contest, and for a post that was clever and surprising, offering a new perspective of each lodge and its destination.
The winners at each lodge were:
– Bernice Kay (@bernice_kay) at Capella Lodge for her sunset scene on Gowers Terrace: https://www.instagram.com/p/BpLOagpgFve/
– Nick Willox (@nickwillox) at Longitude 131° who captured the grandeur and mystery of Kata Tjuta: https://www.instagram.com/p/BpTsoppA_4T/
– Gabrielle Jones (@silvabourn_designs) who inspired with her incredible Great Room reflections at Southern Ocean Lodge: https://www.instagram.com/p/BpWmSNjAfM9/ and https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpax8fHABks/
Runners up and other astounding images included:
– Dan Jeffries (@jeff.danley) and Penny Boyd (@penny_boyd_thelzyphotog) at Capella Lodge,
– Jase Williams (@jasew88) and Callie Haden-Smith (@caroline.haden.smith) at Longitude 131° and
– Kahli Jenner (@kahli_jenner) and Marco Taiana (@marco_taiana) with his cheeky koala shot, see here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BpNs1Dzl_MA/
at Southern Ocean Lodge.
Callie from Longitude 131° shared the most Instagram #BLWanderluxe posts during the competition, with a total of 21 images showcasing the beauty of Uluru and the Australian outback.
The inaugural #BLWanderluxe content contest proved to be highly successful and created great engagement with Baillie Lodges Instagram friends. We are especially thankful to our teams for taking time out to ‘capture the beauty of the moment’ and share these remarkable insights into the day-to-day happenings at the lodges.
Another Instagram contest will run early in the new year, but in the meantime, continue following the #BLWanderluxe hashtag for your daily dose of lodge life and luxe wanderlust…